Clearcut Lithium - Quebec
- Low risk and potentially high reward opportunity for all shareholders.
- Lithium is in high demand making Clearcut a natural fit alongside our Lac Pegma Copper-Nickel-Cobalt project.
- The addition of the Clearcut Lithium project further diversifies our battery metals portfolio.
- The Clearcut Lithium project is located in the emerging Cadillac-Pontiac lithium camp in the Abitibi Témiscamingue region southwest of Val d’Or, Quebec (see figure 1).
- The property consists of 249 claims covering approximately 14,400 hectares within a network of logging roads allowing for good access and reduced exploration costs (see Figure 2).
- The current environment in the Cadillac-Pontiac camp is very vibrant with the following companies engaged in active exploration: Winsome Resources, Sayona Mining, Vision Lithium, Brunswick Exploration and Renforth Resources.
- On February 22, 2022, Vision Lithium reported 2.17% Li2O over 5.5 metres from a channel sample taken from its nearby Cadillac Lithium Property confirms the presence of spodumene-bearing pegmatite dykes in the Cadillac-Pontiac camp.
- Increasing worldwide demand for lithium from the nascent battery sector has focused exploration on areas of historical pegmatite-type lithium deposits. Since 2016 Sayona Mining Ltd. has accelerated exploration and development of the Authier lithium deposit and the recently acquired, past-producing North American lithium mine in the Preissac-Lacorne-Lamotte area located just 20 kilometres to the north of the Cadillac-Pontiac camp.